Ready for this…it’s exercise!
Exercise is not just about aerobic capacity or building muscles. It actually has even greater benefits for your energy, mood and even brainpower.
With regular mild to moderate exercise you can improve your life by;
- Easing Stress and Anxiety- Exercising regularly helps to take charge of the reduce stress and anxiety. Aerobic exercise releases hormones that relieves stress and promotes a sense of well being.
- Boosting Energy- Increasing your heart rate several times a week will give you more up and go. Start off with a few minutes of exercise each day and then build up to more and increase your workout when you get more energy.
- Lifting Your Mood- Exercise can treat mild to moderate depression as effectively as an antidepressant medication. Exercise releases endorphins, powerful chemicals in your brain that energizes you spirit and makes you feel good.
- Sharpening Your Brainpower- The same endorphins that make you feel better, also help you to concentrate and stay focused on the task at hand. Exercise also stimulates the growth of new brain cells and helps prevent age related decline.
- Improving Self Esteem- Regular exercise is an investment in your mind, body and soul. When it becomes a habit you begin to develop a sense of self worth and empowerment not to mention, you’ll feel better about the way you look!
What if you don’t like to exercise or don’t have time to exercise?
Just like anything else in life; you have a choice to make. You need to choose to make exercise a part of your daily life.
If time is your concern, even short low impact exercise can act as a tool to refuel your health. Even something as simple as walking your dog for 15 min. can have a huge impact.
If you feel that you’re too tired to exercise; Great news, regular exercise is an incredibly powerful tool that can significantly reduce fatigue and give you more energy.
If you typically don’t enjoy exercising; find ways to make it fun. Just about everybody can find a physical activity that they can enjoy even playing active based video games with your kids counts. Try classes at your local gym to see what you might enjoy.
If your concern is that you might get hurt or it’s too challenging consider this; exercise does not have to hurt to be effective, the old saying “no pain no gain” does not have to apply. You can build your strength and stamina simply by walking, swimming, golfing, or even cleaning the house.
Remember, it’s never too late to start building your strength and physical fitness even if you’re a senior or a couch potato, who has never exercised before. Exercise is a proven treatment to heal many diseases form diabetes to arthritis. Very few health or weight problems make exercise out of the question (Although, it is always a good idea to check with your physician to get the ok)
For example: As a professional Pilates Instructor, I currently am working with many individuals who have specific injuries that are overcoming or even recovering from surgery (even breast reconstruction); Where I customize a specific workout based on their individual needs. To find out more go to: Personalized Pilates DVD
The key is to commit to doing some moderate physical activity every day. As exercising becomes a habit, you can slowly add extra minutes or more challenging workouts. Once you start experiencing the incredible benefits that exercise has to offer such as; your physique improving, more energy and more at peace; that will motivate you each day to continue.
I wish you the best on your fitness journey to assist you on your journey; I would like to offer you a special gift along with a bonus gift;
1. Megan's Super Simple Exercise Tips to assist you in getting a jump start on your fitness goals.
2. Bonus gift- Subscription to my bimonthly newsletter "The Purpose, Passion and Prosperity Journal". It includes valuable bimonthly articles that offer tips on the following topics; health, fitness, wellness, personal growth and business success; to assist you in living your purpose with passion and prosperity!
Click here: Megan's Exercise Tips to receive your gifts.
About the Author:
Megan Tull "The Transformation Coach"
Life and Wellness Coach/Pilates and Fitness Expert
Megan is a wife, a mother, entrepreneur, public speaker and author. She owns two companies, Silverlining Concepts, LLC and Ultimate Bodies Pilates. She is a Life and Wellness Coach and Certified Peak Pilates Instructor/Fitness Expert. She customizes personalized packages to assist women in transforming their mind and bodies. Her specialty and her passion is to empower women with individual and group Life and Wellness Coaching to live authentic, joyful lives focusing on selfcare life balance and life purpose. Megan's website